*Updated September 2021* – NO VACANCIES
Well maintained D.I.Y. Grazing for your horse in Chalk Lane, EPSOM.
Windy Acres provides an ideal opportunity for your horse to live naturally in a herd environment on healthy, biodiverse pasture and adlib hay.
We have the benefit of several local competition venues nearby including arena hire and a variety of clinics. A highlight is wonderful hacking on Epsom Downs.
Horses live together as a small herd 24/7 with access to a large hard standing area, field shelters, natural shelter, an automatic water trough, meadow hay and grazing on biodiverse pasture. The tracks are bordered with hawthorn, brambles, silver birch etc for selective foraging. All of which are beneficial to horses and support the forage diversity required in order to achieve and maintain a healthy gut & immune function.
We have lovely facilities to help you enjoy your time spent with your horse.
* Hard standing area for feeding/grooming resulting in very little mud to deal with in winter
* One 24ft x 12ft shelter
* One 12ft x 12ft shelter plus natural shelter of trees and hedgerow
* One hay barn.
* One rug barn
* Kitchen facilities for tea and coffee
* Fenced car / trailer / lorry park
* Storage facilities
* Fenced grass school
* A mixture of wooden and electric fencing
* Mixed herd of mares and geldings
* Adlib hay / haylage via large round bales in ring feeders on hard standing 24/7/365
* Rotational grazing based on the Equicentral System
* Managed with a shift system for humans – a mixture of a.m and p.m shifts.
* NO full livery considered
* Holiday cover by financial arrangement
£160.00 per calendar month plus hay
Horses must have:
1) horse and human public liability insurance
3) hind shoes removed
Subscribe today and receive latest Livery List news and guides direct to your inbox