We currently have space for a gelding on our little retirement yard at our private farm near East Grinstead, West Sussex.
A home from home for your special friend! We are a friendly, professional private farm that is home to a small number of retirees, they are very much a part of the family and are looked after as our own.
The farm has 13 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside and a wooden stable yard where each horse has it’s own 12’ by 12’ stable which includes a hay bar, rubber matting, salt lick and shavings bed.
All the fields have perimeter post and rail fencing (no barbed wire), automatic water troughs and natural shelter. 2 paddocks are reserved for the winter months (nearest the stables) and have hardstanding where we feed hay / haylage during the day which keeps the horses off the mud when feeding.
We are a very small yard (maximum of 5 horses) so your horse will receive lots of one on one attention!
We welcome owners to visit their horse whenever they like, there are no restrictions on visitation. We are located in a beautiful part of the Sussex countryside on a private, quiet lane.
Our livery is £425 per calendar month which includes:
1. Twice daily checks
2. Wormer or worm counts through the year (we typically use Equest and Equest Pramox)and
3. Good quality Hay and / or Haylage
4. Hard feed, our residents are on AGROBS mash and veteran vitality or equivalent but we can tailor the feed to each individual horse
5. Administering any specific medications
6. Provision of a sound and dry stable with sawdust bedding and rubber matting
7. Provision of 24/7 grazing with fields that are well maintained, harrowed, rolled, rotated, sprayed and poo picked.
8. Attending vet, farrier and dentist visits
9. Rugging as appropriate for the weather (including fly sheets and hats during summer months)
10. Administering minor first aid when appropriate
11. Grooming (usually done once per week) and checking / picking out of feet (done daily). During the spring /summer months we also give the horses baths using our hot water shower.
12. Provision of clean water both in the stable and field with troughs cleaned regularly
Subscribe today and receive latest Livery List news and guides direct to your inbox