Located on the outskirts of Durham City, Southburn is a hidden gem offering full or part livery to professional clients who are seeking an idyllic lifestyle for their horses.
On site facilities include:
* 23m x 30m fully lit indoor school with recently replaced sand, rubber and fibre mix surface, a selection of BS and cavalettu jumps and blue tooth sound system.
* Cross country schooling field with a selection of amateur jumps.
* Riding/jumping paddock throughout the summer with a course of BS jumps set out.
* Regular clinics with UKCC level 4 coach, Sarah Tubbs.
* Lunge Pen.
* Direct access to fabulous off road hacking on a private farming estate.
* Access to a neighbour’s horse walker and outdoor arena for a small hire charge.
* 36 well built and maintained stables on site in various sizes ranging from 10′ x 10′ to 14′ x 14′. Some indoor, other facing outdoors. All with individual taps.
* Premium quality hay and haylage.
* Choice of shavings, sawdust or chopped straw bedding sold on site.
* Worm count programme, boasting fantastic results over the last 18 months.
* 60 acres of quality grazing land with a mix of post and rail plus wire fencing, all supplemented with electric fencing. (Not particularly suited to chronic laminitics due to abundance of grass.)
* Daily turnout year round.
* Split and mixed herd groups.
* Local feed shop making regular, free deliveries.
* Clean, indoor convenience, including toilet and kitchen area with fridge, kettle, microwave and hot water.
- • Stabling- Indoor
- • Stabling- Outdoor
- • Arena- Indoor
- • Grass Jumping Paddock
- • Lunging Area
- • Arena Lights
- • XC - Schooling Fences
- • Show Jumps- Schooling Fences
- • Hacking- Private Off Road
- • Competition Venues Nearby
- • Yard Manager
- • Regular Visits- Vet
- • Regular Visits- Farrier
- • Worming Programme
- • External Instructors Welcome
- • Holiday Cover
- • Feed and Bedding Delivered to Yard
- • Feed and Bedding Shop On Site