This policy sets out the terms and conditions between users and advertisers on our website www.liverylist.co.uk (our site). These terms and Conditions apply to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the conditions herewith, which supplement our Acceptable Use Policy .
By submitting your details to LiveryList and accepting these Terms and Conditions, you are also consenting to LiveryList holding your data on our files, and agree that you have read and understood our Data Policy and GDPR Consent Notice. Details of these are also included at the bottom of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Contents published by LiveryList and its users are only for general information. The LiveryList web site is updated regularly. However, we hereby exclude any warranties as to the quality, accuracy, completeness, performance, fitness for a particular purpose of the Site or any of its contents.
4. This Site contains material in the form of adverts and reviews submitted by third-party advertisers. LiveryList accept no responsibility for the content or accuracy of such adverts nor do we make any guarantee of the contents of this Site in respect of the existence or availability of anything advertised whatsoever. All adverts and submissions are the responsibility of the appointed person in charge of that listing on behalf of the business in question.
5. Listings should not be submitted to LiveryList unless by an authorised proprietor, manager or agent of the relevant business. In addition, all persons submitting adverts must be over the age of 18 years. In some occasions we may contact the person who has submitted a listing to verify their position within the business.
6. Any listings, reviews or content deemed non-genuine, submitted under duress, through financial incentive or illegal intent will be removed without notice. LiveryList cannot and does not confirm the purported identity of users or the validity of the information which users post to our website.
7. The acceptance of reviews submitted for our listed yards are done so at the discretion of LiveryList to ensure no law is broken in regards to defamation or libel and to avoid the publication of content deemed as such on the LiveryList site. LiveryList reserves the right to refuse any submitted review on this basis.
8. LiveryList deem it the responsibility of the end-user to verify any information provided by LiveryList or its users, and to carry out due diligence when using the supplied information to appoint livery, products or services.
SUBMISSION OF YOUR INFORMATION
9. If you register for a User ID to enable you to amend or change your advert you are responsible for all actions taken under that User ID. It is your responsibility to keep your User ID safe. LiveryList is unable to transfer your User ID, or listings attached to any User ID to any other person.
10. “Your Information” is defined as any information you provide to us or other users in relation to the LiveryList service (including, without limitation, any description of items listed). You are solely responsible for Your Information, and we act as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Your Information.
11. Your Information and your activities on the www.liverylist.co.uk web site must not:
a. be false, inaccurate or misleading;
b. be offensive or menacing, abusive, defamatory, or in breach of copyright, confidence, privacy or any other rights;
c. infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
d. be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
e. be in breach of any applicable laws or regulations
f. create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers;
g. link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services that: (a) are prohibited under this Agreement; (b) are considered as indirect or direct competition to LiveryList’s business or (c) you do not have a right to link to or include;
h. contain any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or to surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
i. cause our website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of our website is in any way impaired.
12. Without limiting our other remedies, we may immediately issue a warning, suspend or terminate your use of LiveryList and refuse to provide our services to you without notice to you if you breach this Agreement or the documents incorporated by reference or if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us or if we believe that your actions may cause legal liability for you, our users or us.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND COPYRIGHT
13. LiveryList is intended to be maintained in a manner consistent with copyright laws. All photographs used on the website either by advertising yards or those submitting third-party content must have the prior consent of the photographer and credit given on said photos if necessary. The advertiser is responsible for gaining any photographer’s approval prior to submitting photographs to LiveryList to use on the website or listings. LiveryList cannot be held responsible for any issues arising due to copyright protection on photographs and any such queries raised shall be passed to the individual responsible for the submission of content.
14. By submitting photographs to LiveryList for listings, on the assumption the above point is observed, LiveryList reserves the right to use these images in the promotion of the site, its listed yards, or in any context promoting on any related platform unless otherwise requested not to do so in writing by the photo owner.
15. All images, text, and other materials posted on LiveryList and our associated social media platforms are subject to copyrights owned by LiveryList or other individuals or entities and are protected by copyright laws. Any reproduction, republication or distribution of all or part of any images, wording, and other materials found on this site is expressly prohibited unless the user has expressly granted the prior written consent of LiveryList.
16. All logos appearing on this site are the property of their respective owners. The name LiveryList, any associated logos linked to LiveryList or any logos published throughout the site either in self-published or third party content may not be used in any advertising or publicity, or otherwise to indicate sponsorship of or affiliation with any product or service, without prior express written permission from LiveryList or the relevant individual.
WEB SITE LINKS
17. LiveryList accepts links to third party web sites and social media sites. It is the responsibility of the user to ensure the accuracy of submitted external links. The advertiser is responsible for ensuring the web link directs to suitable and relevant materials, all other web links will be removed. Where for social media links, it is advised only to link to business pages or accounts, rather than personal accounts or groups.
18. You should note that certain links on the Site lead to information and sites located on servers maintained by third parties over whom we have no control and accordingly we accept no responsibility or liability for any of the material contained on those servers. In the event of any suspicious or unsuitable links to being reported, LiveryList reserves the right to remove all direct links from the users listing for their duration. If a user persists they may risk total removal of their listing with no reimbursement for lost advertising.
REFUSAL OF ADVERTS
19. LiveryList accepts adverts at its own discretion. LiveryList has a right to reject any adverts if feels do not comply with the terms and conditions of advertising, is not deemed relevant to the target user of the site or has not been submitted by an authorised person. LiveryList does not have to justify its reasoning for the rejection of any adverts.
20. If an advertiser is stopped from advertising on the website for whatever reason (which LiveryList does not have to justify), they will receive notification of this by email and a refund where applicable for the remainder of their listing.
21. If an advertiser does not comply with LiveryList’s Terms and Conditions of Advertising, LiveryList will withdraw any advertisers advert from the website without warning and no refund will be made.
PAYMENTS, RENEWALS & UPGRADES
22. You acknowledge that we will commence supplying our services to you as soon as you have made payment for your listing. By submitting and paying for your initial listing you recognise that you have agreed to advertise your services or business and pay the relevant charge for advertising and are adhered to the renewal and cancellation terms as described below. No adverts will appear live on the site until full payment is received. All users will be notified by email when their listing is published.
23. All listings are submitted on an “automatic renewal, cancel anytime” basis. To provide a continuous service to advertisers and users of the site, LiveryList automatically renews all paid subscriptions upon expiration using the PayPal account provided upon initial payment. You will be notified by PayPal that a subscription has been set up at the time of original payment. Users will be given notice in advance of when automatic renewals are to be made, and when the advert is renewed. Such renewals are for the same duration as the original subscription term (for example, a 6-month subscription will renew on a 6-monthly basis) and at the same advertising level (i.e if the original subscription was for a featured yard, the renewal would remain at the same advertising tier). By having a subscription, you will only ever pay a maximum of the full standard listing rate at your time of submission, regardless of any price increase for new advertisers. By using the Site, you acknowledge that Your Account will be subject to the above-described automatic renewals. In all cases, if you do not wish Your Account to renew automatically, you can cancel at any time after initial payment- please follow the directions set out under “Cancellations & Refunds.”
24. If a listing owner chooses the upgrade option, they can select a higher or lower tier of advertising. This is treated as a renewal and as such full payment is taken for the new tier at the current rates. Changes to listing permissions as per the tiers and packages are implemented immediately. All users will be notified by email when their updated listing is published. Subject to payment of the upgrade, if applicable, a request may be made in writing for a refund to be issued for the original listing payment on a pro-rata basis with the appropriate deduction per full month passed since initial listing submission and payment. These will not be issued automatically and the request must be made within 7 days of the upgrade payment being received. You will also need to ensure that any PayPal subscription relating to the existing listing payment is cancelled appropriately to avoid duplicate payments. This responsibility lies solely with the advertiser.
DISCOUNT CODES AND ABRS+ MEMBER BENEFIT
25. All discount codes are designed for new advertisers. If you use an introductory offer code for your first payment and received a reduced charge, any automatic renewals will then revert to the standard advertising charge at the time of original submission and remain as such until such time as the subscription is cancelled. By manually upgrading an existing listing with a discount code, you need to ensure that any existing PayPal payment subscription for your listing is cancelled accordingly to prevent any duplicate renewals. You should also be aware that for the next automatic renewal of the listing, following the use of a discount code, it will revert to the standard charge at the time you most recently made an initial payment for the listing (ie a manual renewal to use a discount code) which may be a higher rate than an existing subscription rate.
26. If a listing owner is or becomes an ABRS+ Approved Riding School or Certified or Approved Livery Yard, they are eligible for either a free Standard Listing or a discounted Featured Listing as per their membership benefits. The way this benefit is applied depends upon the existing advertising status of the listing. Upon notification of their approved membership, the listing owner will receive an email advising of the process to obtain their listing or discount during their 12-month ABRS membership. No discounts or pro-rata refunds will be given on the basis of any listings added or renewed (automatically or manually) at any time prior to confirmation of their membership acceptance to the ABRS scheme. Any discounts or complimentary renewals will only take effect upon their next expiry date and within their 12-month ABRS+ membership.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
27. All listings are submitted on an “automatic renewal, cancel anytime” basis. When your advert is first submitted and paid for on LiveryList, you will receive an e-mail payment confirmation from PayPal, and confirmation from PayPal that you have subscribed for payments to LiveryList allowing the listing to auto-renew upon expiry subjects to funds being in the account at the time of renewal.
28. If you wish to cancel your listing, you simply need to cancel the PayPal subscription which will prevent an automatic renewal and the listing will be removed from the site upon its next expiry date. The listing will remain on your account for 12 months should you wish to reactivate it at any time. The simple deletion of a listing from your account and the site will not automatically cancel the PayPal subscription and this must be done additionally via ‘Subscriptions’ on your PayPal account to prevent the automatic renewal payment from being taken at the time of expiry. Alternatively, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request cancellation and we can process this on your behalf.
29. If the PayPal subscription remains, but there are insufficient funds to allow a payment to be taken upon the stated date of renewal, PayPal will try a second payment attempt 5 days after the original renewal date. If PayPal is unable to process the payment on the second attempt, this will suspend and ultimately cancel the subscription and the listing will expire and be removed from the site.
30. Following an automatic renewal, you may contact us to cancel your listing and request a refund at any time within 7 days following the renewal date. You must also cancel your subscription on PayPal to prevent any further renewals once you have cancelled or deleted the litsing. A full refund will be processed within 48 hours for all listings except in the case of any Featured Listings whereby if the request is made 3-7 days after the renewal, the renewal will already have been processed and the listing optimised and as such a £5 administration fee shall be retained from any refund given. After the 7-day refund period, you may cancel your subscription or delete the listing at any time, and you will not be charged further if you have cancelled your subscription on PayPal. However, you will not receive a refund, and this applies even if your listing has been deleted by you prior to the renewal payment being taken. No refunds are backdated in the event that a listing is deleted, but the subscription remains. Cancellation of automatic renewals lies solely with the advertiser.
31. Advertisers are responsible for ensuring the singularity of their yard listings and renewal subscriptions. LiveryList endeavours, where possible, to identify and refund automatically duplicated payments for the same listing, or a duplicate listing itself. However, sometimes these may be missed due to different payment details, staggered renewal dates or different account details. If a duplicate payment has been made for the same listing- either manually renewed or automatically- a full refund can be requested. A refund will only be processed for the most recent duplicated renewal and refunds will not be backdated. It is therefore important to ensure you check if an existing subscription is in place that required cancellation when renewing or upgrading your listing manually. If you are the new proprietor of a historical or outdated advert on the site, please contact email@example.com so we can verify with the listing owner and arrange for the old listing to be removed as necessary.
32. If your renewal payment has failed and the listing expired, or a listing payment been cancelled or refunded, all such expired listings will remain on the user account in draft status for 12 months after expiration date and can be reactivated by renewing the listing and making payment at any time. Any inactive listings are removed from the system after 12 months.
For any queries with regards to payments or subscriptions, you can contact LiveryList directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMAILS SENT FROM ADVERTS ON THE WEBSITE
33. A response to emails sent from adverts on the website is solely the responsibility of the advertiser. LiveryList takes no part in the communication of advertiser and client other than the provision of information contained within the listings. LiveryList also takes no responsibility in the accuracy of inquiries generated through the LiveryList Site. All enquiries are completed by users.
34. LiveryList will not tolerate ‘spam’ or canvassing emails. Advertisers are requested to report any suspicious communications via their listing to LiveryList and any companies or individuals considered guilty of sending unsolicited emails will be contacted accordingly. This includes any person associated with, in connection with, or promoting any business competitive to LiveryList which may offer similar online adverts to third parties. Emails sent through the website in response to advertisers that state any of the above or has any references to websites will also be automatically rejected.
35. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our services, and operation of our website may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. Our website and our services are provided “as is” and as and when available, and to the extent permissible by law we exclude all implied warranties, conditions or other terms, whether implied by statute or otherwise, including without limitation any terms as to skill and care or timeliness of performance.
36. We will not be liable for any economic losses (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings), any loss of goodwill or reputation, or any special, indirect or consequential damages (however arising, including negligence) arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. We also have no liability of any sort (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of other providers of telecommunications services or for faults in or failures of their networks and equipment.
37.Our Data Policy and GDPR Consent Notice can be found below:
Our Data Policy Terms
LiveryList is not just an advertising site, it now offers a wealth of information to livery yard owners, and horse owners alike such as our Equine Guides and The LiveryList Blog. We work with other UK equestrian associations and charities to bring you the most up to date information on finding or offering livery, managing a yard, equine welfare running your yard, pasture management and so much more! For us, it’s really important to be able to reach UK equestrians with this up to date and useful information.
We send infrequent communications to our users which may be to promote an offer, notify of a new blog post or article, or other relevant content. If you advertise with us, we may also send you the occasional relevant email in regards to managing your listing. Generally, we send no more than 8-10 emails a year. Very occasionally (maybe 2 or 3 times a year) we may send an email to introduce a relevant partnership product or company, but these are sent directly from LiveryList and are really important to us as these are the companies that help us fund and run the site! We do not sell or share our data with any other parties (because that’s really annoying!) and our mailing lists are retained and password protected securely for our use only.
We retain details as submitted by users on our own password protected database- no third parties or other companies have access to this data. None of these details are published by LiveryList on the site- unless you have chosen to include them in your listing. We also do not publish email addresses on our listings or on the site, these are hidden from users and replaced with a contact form which is sent directly to the registered user from their listing. Because all of our payments are processed securely and externally via your own PayPal account, we also do not have access to any of your payment details and as such, none of them are stored on our system.
We follow the regulations as advised by the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) to meet the new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations), and for further peace of mind for our users, the LiveryList site holds an SSC (Site Security Certificate), anti-spam filters and CAPTCHA’s.
Basically its a very safe site for you to use (which is why you spot that little green tick next to our links and the padlock by the web address!) and by consenting to us using your email address as mentioned above, or by submitting your personal details on your listings, we agree to ensure we stay within the boundaries of the above policy to keep your details safe and secure.
GDPR Consent Notice
LiveryList is the Data Controller for your personal data, which means that we decide what information we need to keep about you, why and how we process that data
- What personal information do we keep and process?
When completing your listing, you will need to enter details about your business, location and contact details. When signing up to our communications, only your name and email address are stored. All payments are made externally using PayPal and whilst we receive notifications of these payments, we do not have access to, or store, any payment details on our site or database-
- What do we use your personal data for?
The personal data- such as name, address and contact details- are submitted on listings and available to site users in order for them to locate and contact you with regards to your listing. Emails are used so we can stay in contact with you about your listing or other relevant information on the site. Email addresses are not published on listings and only contact details specified by the user (such as full address and contact numbers) are published. We only communicate with our advertisers by email- we do not send any communications by phone, text or post.
- How is your personal data stored?
Your personal data is stored in the following ways: password protected online database hosting on secure servers provided by Yello Media and secure password-protected files and is accessed on a password protected PC or Laptop. There is only one user who is able to access the data. We do not share any of our stored data with any other parties and never will do.
- What is the legal basis for processing your data?
Your personal data is processed based on your contract with us for advertising your yard or following your personal request to be sent LiveryList communications by way of email. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions of advertising, you also agree to this data policy which is linked in the terms. Details of all consents are recorded for reference purposes.
- How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep your personal data for the duration of your contract with us, or until you request we remove it. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, there is an opt-out feature on our manually generated emails, which you can select and stop receiving messages. However, for the purposes of those advertising with us, this will not remove you from receiving the automatically generated emails in line with renewals and management of your listing until such time as your listing expires and you are automatically removed.
- What are your rights with regards to your personal data?
- To know what personal data we keep about you
- Request a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- Request that we correct any personal data which is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- Request that we erase any personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to hold that data
- Withdraw your consent for processing to which you have previously given your consent.
By submitting the details of your yard, and agreeing to acceptance of these terms, you are confirming that you have read this Protectionction Notice and that you are consenting to LiveryList holding and processing your personal data for the purposes listed above.
If you would like further information on our data policy, or how we use your data, please Contact Us
38. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. A person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
If you have any questions with regard to any items details above or have a query about a listing on the site and how this may be affected by the above terms, please contact email@example.com