This policy sets out the terms and conditions between users and advertisers on our website www.liverylist.co.uk (our site). These terms and Conditions apply to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the conditions herewith, which supplement our Acceptable Use Policy .
By submitting your details to LiveryList and accepting these Terms and Conditions, you are also consenting to LiveryList holding your data on our files, and agree that you have read and understood our Data Policy and GDPR Consent Notice. Details of these are also included at the bottom of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Contents are only for general information. The LiveryList web site is updated regularly. However, we hereby exclude any warranties as to the quality, accuracy, completeness, performance, fitness for a particular purpose of the Site or any of its contents.
3. LiveryList and its owners will not be liable for any damages without limitation, damages for any consequential loss or loss of business opportunities or loss of profits, however arising from the use of or inability to use the LiveryList Site, or any of its contents, or from any action or omission taken as a result of using the Site or any of its contents.
4. This Site contains material in the form of adverts submitted by third party advertisers and we accept no responsibility for the content or accuracy of such adverts nor do we make any guarantee of the contents of this Site in respect of the existence or availability of anything advertised whatsoever. All adverts and submissions are the responsibility of the appointed person in charge of that listing on behalf of the business in question.
5. Listings should not be submitted to LiveryList unless by an authorised proprietor, manager or agent of the relevant business. In addition, all persons submitting adverts must be over the age of 18 years. In some occasions we may contact the person who has submitted a listing to verify their position within the business. Any listings deemed non genuine will be removed and the person who has submitted the advert notified accordingly. LiveryList cannot and does not confirm the purported identity of users or the validity of the information which users post to our website
6. We make no warranty that the contents of the Site are free from infection or viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties and shall have no liability in respect thereof.
7. All liability is excluded to the extent permitted by law including any implied terms.
SUBMISSION OF YOUR INFORMATION
8. If you register for a User ID to enable you to amend or change your advert you are responsible for all actions taken under that User ID. It is your responsibility to keep your User ID safe. You have no right to disclose or transfer your User ID to any other person.
9. “Your Information” is defined as any information you provide to us or other users in relation to the LiveryList service (including, without limitation, any description of items listed). You are solely responsible for Your Information, and we act as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Your Information.
10. Your Information and your activities on the www.liverylist.co.uk web site must not:
a. be false, inaccurate or misleading;
b. be offensive or menacing, abusive, defamatory, or in breach of copyright, confidence, privacy or any other rights;
c. infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
d. be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
e. be in breach of any applicable laws or regulations
f. create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers;
g. link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services that: (a) are prohibited under this Agreement; (b) are considered as indirect or direct competition to LiveryList’s business or (c) you do not have a right to link to or include;
h. contain any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or to surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
i. cause our website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of our website is in any way impaired.
11. Without limiting our other remedies, we may immediately issue a warning, suspend or terminate your use of LiveryList and refuse to provide our services to you without notice to you if you breach this Agreement or the documents incorporated by reference or if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us or if we believe that your actions may cause legal liability for you, our users or us.
12. Please note that Your Information will be stored and processed on our computers in the UK. LiveryList will hold and transmit your Information in a safe, confidential and secure environment. LiveryList will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties except those described in this agreement.
13. ALL photographs used on the web site MUST have the prior consent of the photographer. The advertiser is responsible for gaining any photographers approval prior to submitting photographs to LiveryList to use on the web site. LiveryList cannot be held responsible for any issues arising due to copyright protection on photographs.
14. By submitting photographs to LiveryList, LiveryList reserves the right to use these images in the promotion of the site, its listed yards, or in any context promoting on any related platform unless otherwise requested not to do so in writing by the photo owner.
WEB SITE LINKS
15. LiveryList accepts links to third party web sites and social media sites. It is the responsibility of the user to ensure the accuracy of submitted external links. The advertiser is responsible for ensuring the web link directs to suitable and relevant materials, all other web links will be removed. Where for social media links, it is advised only to link to business pages or accounts, rather than personal accounts or groups.
16. You should note that certain links on the Site lead to information and sites located on servers maintained by third parties over whom we have no control and accordingly we accept no responsibility or liability for any of the material contained on those servers.
17. In the event of any suspicious or unsuitable links to being reported, LiveryList reserves the right to remove all direct links from the users listing for their duration. If a user persists they may risk total removal of their listing with no reimbursement for lost advertising.
REFUSAL OF ADVERTS
18. LiveryList accepts adverts at its own discretion. LiveryList has a right to reject any adverts if feels do not comply with the terms and conditions of advertising, is not deemed relevant to the target user of the site or has not been submitted by an authorised person. LiveryList does not have to justify its reasoning for the rejection of any adverts.
19. If an advertiser is stopped from advertising on the website for whatever reason (which LiveryList does not have to justify), they will receive notification of this by email and a refund where applicable for the remainder of their listing.
20. If an advertiser does not comply with LiveryList’s Terms and Conditions of Advertising, LiveryList will withdraw any advertisers advert from the website without warning and no refund will be made.
PAYMENTS & RENEWALS
21. You acknowledge that we will commence supplying our services to you as soon as you have pressed the “Submit” button and therefore sent the listing to us, and you recognise that you have agreed to advertise your services or business and pay the relevant charge for advertising. No adverts will appear live on the site until full payment is received. All users will be notified by email when their listing is published.
22. To provide a continuous service to advertisers and users of the site, LiveryList automatically renews all paid subscriptions upon expiration using the PayPal account provided upon initial payment. You will be notified of expiration dates, and given prior advance of when automatic renewals are to be made, and when the advert is renewed. Such renewals are for the same duration as the original subscription term (for example, a 6-month subscription will renew on a 6-monthly basis, a 12-month subscription will renew on a 12-monthly basis, and so on) and at the same advertising level (i.e if the original subscription was for a featured yard, the renewal would remain at the same advertising tier). By having a subscription you will only ever pay a maximum of the full standard listing rate at your time of submission, and would not be subject to any following price rises for the applicable listing. By using the Site, you acknowledge that Your Account will be subject to the above-described automatic renewals. In all cases, if you do not wish Your Account to renew automatically, please follow the directions set out under “Cancellations & Refunds.”
23. If you use an introductory offer code for your first payment and received a reduced charge, any renewals will then revert to the standard advertising charge at the time of original submission.
24. If a listing owner chooses the upgrade option, they can select a higher tier of advertising. This is treated as a renewal and as such full payment is taken for the new tier. Changes to listing permissions as per the tiers and packages are implemented immediately. All users will be notified by email when their listing is published. Subject to payment of the upgrade, a refund shall be issued for the original listing payment on a pro-rata basis with the appropriate deduction per full month passed since initial listing submission and payment.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
25. When your advert is first submitted and paid for on LiveryList, you will receive an e-mail payment confirmation from PayPal, and confirmation from PayPal that you have subscribed for payments to LiveryList allowing the listing to auto-renew upon expiry subjects to funds being in the account at the time of renewal. You are able to access your Subscription settings on PayPal and cancel the auto-renewal at any time to prevent future auto-renewals being made.
26. If the PayPal subscription remains, but there are insufficient funds to allow a payment to be taken upon the stated date of renewal, PayPal will try a second payment attempt 5 days after the original renewal date. If PayPal is unable to process the payment on the second attempt, this will suspend and ultimately cancel the subscription and the listing will expire and be removed from the site.
27. If you wish to cancel your listing, you can either contact LiveryList to request removal and cancellation of the subscription, or you must take these actions yourself. The simple deletion of a listing will not automatically cancel the PayPal subscription and this must be done additionally via ‘Subscriptions’ on your PayPal account.
28. Following an automatic renewal, you may request to cancel your listing at any time within 7 days and a full refund will be processed. Thereafter, you may cancel your account or remove the listing at any time, and you will not be charged further; however, you will not receive a refund when you cancel.
29. If on submission and payment of an advert to LiveryList the advertiser realises this is a duplicate of an existing listing, the advertiser must contact LiveryList by email requesting that the advert is not processed. A full refund will then be made. If you are the new proprietor of a historical or outdated advert on the site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can verify with the listing owner and arrange for the old listing to be removed as necessary.
30. For any queries with regards to payments or subscriptions, you can contact LiveryList directly by email email@example.com.
EMAILS SENT FROM ADVERTS ON THE WEBSITE
31. A response to emails sent from adverts on the website is solely the responsibility of the advertiser. LiveryList takes no part in the communication of advertiser and client other than the provision of information contained within the listings. LiveryList also takes no responsibility in the accuracy of inquiries generated through the LiveryList Site. All enquiries are completed by users.
32. LiveryList will not tolerate ‘spam’ or canvassing emails. Advertisers are requested to report any suspicious communications via their listing to LiveryList and any companies or individuals considered guilty of sending unsolicited emails will be contacted accordingly. This includes any person associated with, in connection with, or promoting any business competitive to LiveryList which may offer similar online adverts to third parties. Emails sent through the website in response to advertisers that state any of the above or has any references to websites will also be automatically rejected.
33. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our services, and operation of our website may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. Our website and our services are provided “as is” and as and when available, and to the extent permissible by law we exclude all implied warranties, conditions or other terms, whether implied by statute or otherwise, including without limitation any terms as to skill and care or timeliness of performance.
34. We will not be liable for any economic losses (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings), any loss of goodwill or reputation, or any special, indirect or consequential damages (however arising, including negligence) arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. We also have no liability of any sort (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of other providers of telecommunications services or for faults in or failures of their networks and equipment.
35.Our Data Policy and GDPR Consent Notice can be found below:
Our Data Policy Terms
LiveryList is not just an advertising site, it now offers a wealth of information to livery yard owners, and horse owners alike such as our Equine Guides and The LiveryList Blog. We work with other UK equestrian associations and charities to bring you the most up to date information on finding or offering livery, managing a yard, equine welfare running your yard, pasture management and so much more! For us, it’s really important to be able to reach UK equestrians with this up to date and useful information.
We send infrequent communications to our users which may be to promote an offer, notify of a new blog post or article, or other relevant content. If you advertise with us, we may also send you the occasional relevant email in regards to managing your listing. Generally, we send no more than 8-10 emails a year. Very occasionally (maybe 2 or 3 times a year) we may send an email to introduce a relevant partnership product or company, but these are sent directly from LiveryList and are really important to us as these are the companies that help us fund and run the site! We do not sell or share our data with any other parties (because that’s really annoying!) and our mailing lists are retained and password protected securely for our use only.
We retain details as submitted by users on our own password protected database- no third parties or other companies have access to this data. None of these details are published by LiveryList on the site- unless you have chosen to include them in your listing. We also do not publish email addresses on our listings or on the site, these are hidden from users and replaced with a contact form which is sent directly to the registered user from their listing. Because all of our payments are processed securely and externally via your own PayPal account, we also do not have access to any of your payment details and as such, none of them are stored on our system.
We follow the regulations as advised by the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) to meet the new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations), and for further peace of mind for our users, the LiveryList site holds an SSC (Site Security Certificate), anti-spam filters and CAPTCHA’s.
Basically its a very safe site for you to use (which is why you spot that little green tick next to our links and the padlock by the web address!) and by consenting to us using your email address as mentioned above, or by submitting your personal details on your listings, we agree to ensure we stay within the boundaries of the above policy to keep your details safe and secure.
GDPR Consent Notice
LiveryList is the Data Controller for your personal data, which means that we decide what information we need to keep about you, why and how we process that data
- What personal information do we keep and process?
When completing your listing, you will need to enter details about your business, location and contact details. When signing up to our communications, only your name and email address are stored. All payments are made externally using PayPal and whilst we receive notifications of these payments, we do not have access to, or store, any payment details on our site or database-
- What do we use your personal data for?
The personal data- such as name, address and contact details- are submitted on listings and available to site users in order for them to locate and contact you with regards to your listing. Emails are used so we can stay in contact with you about your listing or other relevant information on the site. Email addresses are not published on listings and only contact details specified by the user (such as full address and contact numbers) are published. We only communicate with our advertisers by email- we do not send any communications by phone, text or post.
- How is your personal data stored?
Your personal data is stored in the following ways: password protected online database hosting on secure servers provided by Yello Media and secure password-protected files and is accessed on a password protected PC or Laptop. There is only one user who is able to access the data. We do not share any of our stored data with any other parties and never will do.
- What is the legal basis for processing your data?
Your personal data is processed based on your contract with us for advertising your yard or following your personal request to be sent LiveryList communications by way of email. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions of advertising, you also agree to this data policy which is linked in the terms. Details of all consents are recorded for reference purposes.
- How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep your personal data for the duration of your contract with us, or until you request we remove it. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, there is an opt-out feature on our manually generated emails, which you can select and stop receiving messages. However, for the purposes of those advertising with us, this will not remove you from receiving the automatically generated emails in line with renewals and management of your listing until such time as your listing expires and you are automatically removed.
- What are your rights with regards to your personal data?
- To know what personal data we keep about you
- Request a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- Request that we correct any personal data which is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- Request that we erase any personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to hold that data
- Withdraw your consent for processing to which you have previously given your consent.
By submitting the details of your yard, and agreeing to acceptance of these terms, you are confirming that you have read this Protectionction Notice and that you are consenting to LiveryList holding and processing your personal data for the purposes listed above.
If you would like further information on our data policy, or how we use your data, please Contact Us
36. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. A person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
If you have any questions with regard to any items details above or have a query about a listing on the site and how this may be affected by the above terms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org