We have a rare vacancy for up to 2 horses for RETIREMENT LIVERY on a private estate in West Berkshire. The two horses will be turned out together in their own field.
We provide year-round grazing in post and rail and hedge-lined paddocks. We rotate our fields according to weather, season and grass cover and rest them when necessary. Grazing is in a stunning 15 acre water meadow and 6 acres of fields.
We do not use any chemical spray or fertiliser of any kind.
Our soil is very well-drained and so does not get boggy and inaccessible. The land is maintained to a high standard and all upkeep is done by us.
The horses enjoy the benefits of large field shelters with hardstandings, and natural shade from a number of large trees, as well as a freshwater stream that runs through the meadows.
Our fields are easily accessible and we are on site 24/7.
Finally, we have experience looking after older horses and offer you stress-free retirement for your much-loved friend.
I have over 30 years of experience with horses, producing and competing eventers and show jumpers, as well as running a busy livery yard near Ascot. I currently look after 5 peoples’ horses and any of them would be willing to provide a reference.
We have the following facilities on offer that will give you peace of mind that your horse is happy and being well looked after:
• Year-round turnout in our fields
• 24/7 on site supervision
• Quality hard feed and hay fed in winter as and when required
• 24/7 veterinary cover by local equine vet (owner is responsible for cost of veterinary services)
• Routine feet-trimming by qualified farrier
• Minor cuts and grazes cleaned and treated.
• Worming programme
• Assistance with vet and farrier
• Rugs checked and changed when required.
• Fields rotated, harrowed and poo-picked
• Water troughs cleaned regularly
• Full public liability and employers liability cover held
• Easy access London M4 / Oxford & South A34. We are 5 mins from junction 13 of the M4
• Updates with photos / videos
• Visits by owner welcome
• We also have an on-site holiday let which can be booked if you are travelling from afar and want to spend some time with your horse 🙂
Please contact Alex for more details or to arrange a visit.
Prices from £350 / month for a pony
Subscribe today and receive latest Livery List news and guides direct to your inbox